Well, spring really is around the corner!! YAY!! Just a little more time, and it’ll be PRIDE season!!
In the meantime, here are some events to keep you busy, in a rainbow of events!!
1) A Last minute event from the Medina High School GSA: Wednesday, March 20 from 2:35-4:00pm MHS GSA has hosted a fall Ally Coffee Break, and it’s so successful, they want to offer a Spring Ally Coffee! Stop by to get to know the LGBTQ teens in Medina, have a hot beverage and snacks, and show the teens that our community supports them!
RSVP to Jen Oehler (GSA Advisor) firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-636-3422
2) Stonewall + 50: The Riots Continue Sponsered by the Center for Gender and Sexuality at Kent State University in the African Community Theatre in Oscar Ritchie Hall.
Wed. March 20 and Thursday, March 21 8:00pm FREE w/ Donations taken for the LGBTQ Emergency Fund www.kent.edu/pas/act
3) Medina G2H2 LGBTQ Happy Hour has 2 upcoming events!
Thursday, March 21 5:30-7:30pm Sully’s Irish Pub 117 W. Liberty St.
Thursday, April 18 5:30-7:30pm PJ Marley’s 119 Public Square
For more details, contact Matt email@example.com
4) Human Library Saturday, March 23 10am-1:00pm Brunswick Library
Aaron with and A: Growing Up Transgender
A Human Library is a very cool concept about being able to “check out” a human that is
experiencing life in a somewhat different way than the majority of people. You can “check
out” Aaron for 20 minutes to learn more about his life as a transgender person. Aaron has
been a part of the Human Library for a couple of years now…so happy that he is helping
people understand about how it feels to be transgender…thank you Aaron, if you are reading
5) Our friends in Tuscarawas County are starting up a new social group for 21 and over! Let
your friends in southern Stark County, Wayne, Carroll and other neighboring counties be
aware of this new group! email: firstname.lastname@example.org I believe events will be starting in
6) Our friends over in Ashland and Richland counties (Love on a Mission) are hosting a gala
Fundraiser for the fantastic activities that they offer teens in that area!
Saturday, April 27 6-7 Cocktail Hour 7-10pm Dinner and Dancing
For more information, check out their Facebook page:
Love on a Mission LGBTQ Youth
7) OutSupport Special Teen Meeting in BRUNSWICK!
Tuesday, May 7 7:00-8:30pm Brunswick Library
The amazing librarians at the Medina County District Library have asked OutSupport to host
special Teen and Parent meeting! Teens and Parents are welcome to come as we have our
first “road trip” meeting! As in our regular monthly support group meetings, participants will
learn about resources available in NeOhio, apply for a free binder or gaff, pick up rainbow
and trans flags and stickers, and be in a supportive space. If you live in northern Medina or
southern Cuyahoga County (or anywhere, for that matter!) join us!!
8) TransOhio Trans & Ally Symposium: Voices & Visibility 11th Annual TransOhio Program
April 26-28, 2019 Ohio State University Student Union
Also, TransOhio Transgender & Legal Ally Legal Symposium on Friday, April 26
from 9:00am-4:45pm hosted by Columbus Bar Association
Details for both events at www.TransOhio.org
9) GIVE OUT DAY 2019! Mark your calendars for April 18, 2019 for Give OUT Day! this is an
online giving day, specifically for LGBTQ groups, and OutSupport is participating this year!
Please consider giving to your local area group…there are many groups who sign on to this
campaign all over the country! I can guarantee you that most groups like ours run on a
shoestring budget, and we make every dime go as far as we can! In our area, consider
Akron or Cleveland PFLAG, Love on a Mission(Ashland/Mansfield), TZPrideZone
(Tuscarawas County), Meta Center (Akron Trans Youth Drop In Center), Margie’s
Pride (Transgender support, all ages), CANAPI (HIV Programming/Homeless LGBTQ)
Rainbow Prism (Wayne County), Lorain County LGBTQ+ & Allies Adult Community).
I know there are many more and I apologize if I’ve left groups out! Or give to a larger group
works to benefit us all, like Equality Ohio, HRC, or TransOhio. Your donations will make a
We’d like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to the Gay Community Endowment Fund, to include OutSupport in their incredibly generous grant to our organization. We are so grateful for your ongoing support to offer support, information and advocate for equality in the Medina County area. THANK YOU!!!
Our next support group meeting is next Monday, March 25 at 7:00. Amy D and Kathy S will be setting up and putting things away after the meeting. If anyone can come early to assist, or stay to help at the end, it would be very much appreciated! I can’t make this meeting, but will be thinking of you all! If you are planning ahead, please note that our May meeting will be help on
MONDAY, MAY 20 at 7:00pm…Please enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend!!